RV Repair in Etna Green, IN
While your RV might have been in good repair when you put it up for the winter, you might find issues that cropped up during storage. Sitting is worse than driving for any engine. If you started the RV during the winter to let it run and let the fluids circulate, you usually have less issues. Mast Service Center, an auto repair shop in Etna Green IN does RV repair in addition to vehicle repair and fleet service and repair.
Contact a Mast Service Center RV mechanic at (574) 646-2127 to make an appointment for RV repair and service to get ready for the upcoming RV season.
Common RV Repairs
Gas and diesel RVs often need repairs, especially if you let the RV sit during the winter. Some of the common repairs we see include:
- Belts and hoses. These are two things that you might have issues with after letting the RV sit for a long time. Rubber products tend to dry rot, especially when they are not used. However, both belts and hoses are exposed to the heat of a running engine and hot water, which also contributes to failure.
- Water pumps, radiators and thermostats.
- Power steering pumps, racks, gearboxes and high- and low-pressure power steering lines. The lines could leak after sitting, as could the power steering pump. When you bring your RV in for service, we’ll check for power steering leaks.
- Alternators and batteries. While the cold usually doesn’t affect an alternator, keep in mind that batteries hate the cold. Letting a battery sit without charging it during the winter causes depletion of the charge in the battery. To avoid this, you should start the RV at least once per month and let it run for about a half-hour during the winter.
- Starters and starter solenoids.
- Sensors and control modules.
- Brakes, including pads, rotors, calipers, shoes, drums, wheel cylinders, master cylinders, and air brake systems. Some of these components could fail from sitting, including the rubber brake hoses. The pads and rotors could also have rust buildup if the storage place has a lot of moisture such as condensation in a building without climate control, or if the RV sits outside.
- Suspension components, including bushings, tie rods, shocks, struts and springs.
- Ignition components, including plugs, wires, distributors and coils.
- Fuel injectors, fuel pumps and fuel lines.
- Wheels and tires.
- Heater hoses and heater cores.
- Air conditioning, including air compressors, condensers, evaporator cores, accumulators / driers, expansion blocks / orifice tubes and high- and low-pressure air conditioning lines.
Contact Mast Service Center for RV Repair in Etna Green, IN
Before you leave on your first trip of the season, you should always have the RV checked to make sure it doesn’t need unexpected repairs from sitting all winter. It’s also a good idea to change the oil and have other services done if you didn’t service the RV before storing it for the winter.
Contact Mast Service Center in Etna Green IN at (574) 646-2127 to schedule an appointment for RV repair and service.