National car care month is here! We hope you came out of winter reasonably intact, and
now that the weather is warmer, it’s time to get on top of all of those car care issues that you might have been putting off. Whether you make a list and make time throughout the week to take care of things one at a time, or take a weekend and get it all done in one fell swoop, as long as it works for you, go for it! The most important thing is that it gets done, or else it’s only going to be more daunting once you finally get to it.
We’ve put together a list of common car care issues, here, so that you don’t miss anything.
- Clean out your trunk and glove box. Take everything out, and don’t put it back in unless you’re sure you want it in there. Now the next time you go looking for something back there, you won’t feel like you’re navigating a labyrinth.
- Get a complete car wash. Not just rinsing the dust off the top of the body, it’s important to occasionally clean your underbody too, so that dirt and other contaminants don’t build up.
- If you’ve been putting off an oil change, don’t delay any further. Oil changes are cheap, the small cost of keeping up on them is more than worth the increased risk of major repairs.
- Wet weather means your wipers have been seeing a lot of use. If they’re creating streaks as they work, that means it’s time for them to be replaced. Consider cleaning the inside of your windows, too, to make sure you’ve got perfect visibility.
- Do your tires still have plenty of tread? Do they need to be balanced or rotated? Does your steering feel okay? If your steering is behaving differently on one side, feels loose, or otherwise unusual, let us have a look.
- Are there any noises or vibrations that you’ve been ignoring? Do you have any fluid leaks? Is there smoke coming from your muffler? Don’t ignore obvious warning signs like these, even if your car otherwise seems to be running fine.
- Replace your headlights and taillights. Now that the sun is staying up longer, this can lull you into thinking they’re not as important. But remember, lights aren’t just there for you, your lights help you be seen by other cars, too. Make yourself seen easily, have all your lights working.
At Mast Service Center, we’re here to be a resource for you to take better care of your car. If you need assistance with any of the above or have other things that you need, just give us a call, or drop by. We’re here happy to be here to help, and look forward to making you feel great about driving your car.