It’s spring. This means many people plan road trips from Etna Green, IN to other states.
One of the most important things you can do before a road trip is making sure your vehicle is ready. The second most important thing is to ensure you have an emergency kit in the trunk or behind the seats in a pickup truck.
Checking the vehicle over a few days before you leave gives you peace of mind while you are on the road. It also provides the certified automotive technicians at Mast Service Center a chance to make any repairs the vehicle needs before you leave.
Giving your vehicle a complete checkup before you leave on a trip (especially a long one) reduces the chances of leaving you stranded in a strange place.
It also reduces the risk of visiting a dealership or a strange shop and getting overcharged for auto repairs.
Our auto repair technicians at Mast Service Center in Etna Green, IN (near Nappanee and Warsaw) will check your vehicle for several items, including:
- Suspension and steering
- Tires for worn tread, uneven wear, and proper tire pressure
- Brakes and rotors
- Belts and hoses
- Leaks (including oil, power steering, coolant, fuel, and transmission leaks)
If the fluids in your vehicle need to be topped off, we’ll top them off. If we find any problems, our auto technicians will let you know if they should be repaired immediately or can wait for you to return.
Most people believe a small first-aid kit is enough while taking a road trip. However, it’s never enough when you are away from your Etna Green home, especially if you head into the mountains where it might still snow.
For a complete emergency kit, you’ll need:
- A large first aid kit that is equipped to handle more than minor injuries
- A warm blanket for everyone in the vehicle
- At least 2 liters of water for each person
- Waterproof matches
- Something to start a fire to keep warm (Dryer lint stuffed in toilet paper rolls works great.)
- Enough non-perishable food for two days for each person (If you bring canned goods, pack a can opener!)
- A dry change of clothing
In addition to items to help you survive if someone cannot get to you right away, you should also have items for your vehicle, including:
- Jack and the appropriate tools for changing a tire (If the spare tire is in poor condition, pick up a new one at Mast Service Center in Etna Green, IN.)
- Electrical tape and duct tape
- Extra fuses
- A small tool kit (especially if you are comfortable with minor repairs like changing a radiator hose)
- Extra hose clamps
Even if you were to get stuck in a snowbank overnight, you could survive until someone could tow you out. Hopefully, you had your vehicle checked at Mast Service Center in Etna Green, IN before you left so that a mechanical breakdown won’t be the cause of getting stranded.
Contact Mast Service Center in Etna Green, IN
If you’re planning a spring road trip for vacation, contact Mast Service Center for an appointment today. Contact our certified techs at (574) 646-2127 for auto repair in Etna Green, IN. We are conveniently located at 8608 North State Road 19, Etna Green, IN 46524.